Ellington, you are now 17 months old! You are almost officially one and a half! What are you up to at 17 months old?
- You are wearing size 18 month clothes and size 4 diaper
- You just got two new pair of shoes and they are both size 5, but we have noticed that size vary GREATLY brand to brand for baby shoes
- You take one afternoon nap, but it has recently started getting shorter. You usually sleep for about an hour and a half (sometimes even less)
- You sleep 11-12 hours a night and go to bed without so much as a whimper since getting tubes
- You are walking EVERYWHERE and you are so proud about it! You actually rarely play with your toys now because you are too busy just walking around the house.
- You say "righ ba" when you leave the room. You are trying to say "right back" which you hear Mama and Daddy say when they leave the room. (You don't really miss a thing we say!)
- You follow simple commands like, "Go to your highchair"
- You love playing babies and you love to put them "night night".
- You say "lap" when you want to be picked up. I guess I must say, "Do you want to sit in my lap?" a lot. You say it even if I'm standing up. It's really sweet.
- You say about a bazillion words. I don't think there's anything you can't say, or at least don't make a really great attempt at saying.
- You no longer cry when we take you to the nursery at church!!! Hooray! You really love our new church and you have the best time playing.
- You have started refusing ice cream (???!!!)
- You were recently re-evaluated by your physical therapist and you are now scoring right where you should be! She said she had never had a patient come so far so quickly! That's our girl!!
- You have become a little afraid of our dog Gus
It was pretty tough taking a picture of you this month. This is what you wanted to do the whole time: