Thursday, July 15, 2010

Destin - Tuesday

I have finally made it to our last full day in Destin. Tuesday didn't start out too great. The little cold Ellington had seemed to be getting much worse. Check her out for yourself:

Pitiful, huh? I was so upset that she felt so bad and I was also upset that it had to happen while we were on vacation. There has been so much hard stuff going on in our lives...some I have shared on the blog, most I have not...and Robert and I were SO frustrated that we couldn't even get to have a vacation without something happening! I stayed on the phone most of the morning with our pediatricians office and pharmacies in Destin. Ellington was a trooper though and just kept hanging in there!

For lunch we went to one of my favorite places in Destin...The Back Porch! Ellington's back was to all of the action in the restaurant so she stayed turned around most of the time.

This picture cracks me up! Reagan got my dad to pose with her. Reagan even makes the baby bag look stylish. :)

After lunch Robert, Ellington, and I went to the pool for just a little bit. Not for long though, Ellington wasn't too interested. I think it took us longer to get ready than we stayed at the pool!

Tuesday night Reagan had plans to have supper with a friend that lives in Destin (awesome I know...people actually get to LIVE there) and my parent's had a banquet for my dad's convention he was attending, so the three of us were on our own. I was DETERMINED that we would have fun even though Ellington wasn't feeling 100%. After we got dressed we went downstairs in the little courtyard area so that we could get a few pictures. My mom made Ellington's dress. I LOVE it! I wish she could wear it every day! :)

After our little photo session we walked down to Baytown to eat supper. We ate at this little BBQ place that was DIVINE! I am a really picker eater. On most menus I find maybe a couple of things I like, but on this menu I wanted it all! Ha! It was delicious.

Then after dinner went walked out to see the boats and strolled around Baytown. Because of Ellington being a little sick, we kept thinking that we'd have to go back to the room early, but she was doing great and was so happy being out and about!

Earlier in the day we had gotten this little jar to collect some sand to remember Ellington's first trip to the beach so we headed over to the beach to collect her sand!

And then, because we are so wild and crazy (ha!) we decided to push our luck a little and go to Destin Commons (an outdoor mall). By this time it was getting dark and cooling off a lot. We had the BEST time just being together and strolling around. We wanted to make the most out of our last night and I think we did! We finally headed back to our room and I think got there a little after 9. Ellington was still doing great and super happy! Yay for a great last night!!!

-The End!

1 comment:

  1. Reagan can make just about anything look stylish. And.....Ellington was getting over the runny nose, watering eyes, sneezes and coughs by this was good!