Friday, March 23, 2012

Project Simplify {Week 3}

This week's Project Simplify at Simple Mom had us focusing on drawers, counter tops, and closets.  I decided to chose one and tackle it specifically.  Our house is old and therefor has very little storage.  I use the closet in our room, Robert uses the closet in Ellington's room, and Ellington has a small armoire.   I have recently bought a ton of summer stuff from a friend and had a few other things I had bought from a couple of stores.  Since E has such limited "closet" space and I wasn't 100% sure that cold weather was gone for good her summer stuff ended up like this....


It was quite a mess to say the least, but as you can see there was NO room in the closet.  The pile above had also been much larger.  She had recently worn some of the clothes so they were in the laundry basket!


Yesterday afternoon I decided to just go ahead and pull out fall and winter stuff to make room for summer clothes.  I left a few cold weather items in, just in case we have a chilly day.  I felt SO much better once I got rid of that pile!


And here is the closet with summer stuff all ready to go!  Lots of gingham and seersucker!  I LOVE it! :)


Several weeks ago I also began major work on my closet.  About 90% of what I have doesn't fit or is old (like from college) and not something I want to wear.  I took a bunch of stuff to a local consignment store and I am currently working on pairing my closet down even more.  I literally have about two pair of shorts (that I bought before our zoo trip that never happened) about about three shirts that fit.  I don't like clothes shopping for myself (it REALLY stresses me out), but I think it's going to be necessary soon!

If you have a drawer, counter top, or closet that needs some attention...tackle it!  You will be glad you did!

No comments:

Post a Comment