Thursday, March 29, 2012

Project Simplify {Week 4}

This is the last week for Simple Mom's Project Simplify challenge.  This week was a "Choose Your Own Adventure" week so I chose this horrendous storage area... 


Yikes!  This is the area that things just get shoved into when I don't know where to put them.  This is also why I HATE crafting.  Ya'll, I have no idea where to put crafting stuff.  It just gets out of hand.  Also, wrapping materials always through me for a loop.  I don't know how to keep it organized either.  So anyway, the above is the result of crafting and wrapping (plus other random objects) gone crazy.

Cleaning out and organizing can be a little intense when you are in the thick of it!
(Note the baby on the changing pad by the door.  In my cleaning out I found the little case and changing pad that I use to keep in the diaper bag.  It's now one of E's all time favorite toys.  She loves pulling it out and changing her baby's daiper!)


And here's the after!  Much better if I say so myself!


Today I decided to organize our little pantry.  I didn't get to the pantry a couple of weeks ago when that was one of the suggested areas.  Better late than never, I suppose.  I forgot to take a before picture, but here's the after.  You'll have to take my word on the fact that it's MUCH better!


Ellington and I have had a week.  A week I tell ya.  That could be a whole other post in itself.  I REALLY needed her to be somewhat pleasantly occupied while I was working on the pantry.  I found a box of noodles that was the result of a trip to the grocery store without a plan.  You know those shopping trips?  You spend a bunch of money and then you have nothing to eat?  (Luckily that doesn't happen much around here anymore)  Anyway...I decided to let Ellington play with it.  I poured it out and she went to town with various bowls, measuring cups, etc.  Just thought I would share the idea!



I am a little sad Project Simplify is coming to an end.  It's been fun!  I have had a ton of visitors from Simple Mom's site and I am glad ya'll have stopped in!  Feel free to leave a comment.  I would love to visit your blog as well!

5 comments:

  1. It's always a challenge keeping the little one occupied. My daughter is in the kitchen, too--only at 11, she's making cookies! Yum.

    Pantry and closet look good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are all neat and organized. i love getting baskets to make things look more tidy. although, i must confess... i tend to use it as a hiding tool, so i can overlook the mess. ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mother said:
    For some reason I can't comment with my google account so I shall be anonymous. Good job with your continued organization. Glad you found something to occupy Ellington. Looks like she was having fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a great job! And I love the idea of giving my daughter pasta to play with! A while back I got a bunch of free pasta, surely I can sacrifice a box to occupy my daughter. I'm sad the challenge is over, too. I could use a 52 week challenge to help me stay on track with the decluttering and organizing process.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the plastic container in the pantry for dipping sauces! Such a good idea!

    ReplyDelete