Monday, June 21, 2010

Father's Day Week

That's right...Robert got a whole week to celebrate Father's Day! On Monday morning Ellington gave him a letter that she typed herself telling him that she had all sorts of special little treats throughout the week. The letter also told him to put on some clothes because Monday's treat was breakfast out at the place of his choice.



Here they are at Starkville Cafe!



On Tuesday Ellington gave Robert a magazine that had articles about two guys he really likes...Bear Grylls and Craig Ferguson.



On Wednesday we took Robert a great big sweet tea to him at work. He works in a warehouse so it's SUPER HOT! I forgot to take my camera, so I don't have a picture of that.

On Thursday Ellington gave Robert a sweet treat for being such a sweet Daddy!



On Friday Ellington gave Robert a gift card to Sonic so he could get some yummy drinks to cool down! She had already destroyed the bow before he even got in the room!



Sunday was the big day...Robert's very first Father's Day! Here are my two cuties before church!





Ellington got a little nap in the nursery during church so that meant we could go out to eat after church (if she doesn't get one there we have to go home IMMEDIATELY for a nap!!!). On a totally different topic than Father's Day, when we went to pick up Ellington from Sunday School (we go to SS last...worship service first) all of her teachers went on and on and on about how great she was. We saw one in the hallway that wasn't in the room at the time and she said that too. I told Robert that only meant one thing...that usually she isn't so good!!! As a preschool teacher I know for sure that's what it means! Ha! That's the only reason they would go on and on! And then when we went back for Sunday night church the lady that is over the preschool stuff went on and on about it too! Haha! Anyway...back to the topic at hand. Robert picked the Veranda for his Father's Day lunch and it was super yummy!



After lunch we came home for PRESENTS! Gift giving doesn't come naturally to me. Maybe I'm the only one like that, but for some reason I find it very difficult. I feel like some people are natural gift givers. So anyway, I was really proud of the gifts Robert got for Father's Day and I tried to put a lot of thought into it!









I (oops... I mean, Ellington) made Robert a little book that is full of pictures of the two of them. It's super cute if I do say so myself!



Ellington enjoyed playing with (and in!) the wrapping paper!



I think Robert had a great first Father's Day! Ellington and I were honored to help him celebrated it!

2 comments:

  1. I think you made Robert's first father's day extra special! I can't wait to see the book you/E made for him. And P.S. Gus loves it here in Clinton. We are having a great time. Kristie likes having him here, too. Thanks for letting me keep him! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm impressed with your creativity! I need to follow your example. BTW...this post made me crave some Starkville Cafe like CRAZY!!!

    ReplyDelete