Saturday, July 2, 2011

Destin - Days 4 & 5

Tuesday was our beach day on our trip. I wasn't sure how it was going to go because Ellington doesn't like the sun (even if she's in the shade) and the night before she was terrified of the sand. Thankfully, we got to the beach and she LOVED playing in the sand! I got to sit for quite awhile in the beach chair while she played. What a nice surprise!




Ellington didn't like the water AT ALL though.  The waves were pretty intense while we were there.  In fact, they kind of stung when they hit you!  So she spent the majority of her time in the sand.


Bryant, LeAnna, and Emerson joined us for a little bit, but Emerson decided he was more of a pool man than a beach man so they went to the pool instead.



We enjoyed one of my favorite meals after our morning on the beach.  Pop, Robert, Ellington, and I ate poolside at the nearby Hilton.  It was delicious and a PERFECT atmosphere.  If it wasn't so expensive I would want to eat lunch there every day on future trips! :)  Ellington particularly loved the lemons.

After lunch we took Ellington back to the room for a nap and Robert & I went back to the beach.  (Don't worry...my mom was with her!)  Beach time with a book is pretty much my favorite thing ever, so I was thankful to be able to sneak a little time in!

Here is our little family Tuesday night before going out for supper!



We walked down to Baytowne Warf and ate at the Acme Oyster House.  My parents had dinner with the convention my Dad was there for, so it was just us kids.



Unfortunately, during supper it started raining!  I was SO looking forward to letting Ellington play on the playground and ride the Merry-Go-Round (it closed during the rain), but we didn't get to do those things!  I guess I shouldn't put things off until the last night because you never know what might happen!  We did visit a few shops close to the restaurant.  One was the candy shop!  (Ellington hasn't ever had candy so she didn't even know to want it!)



Even though it was sprinkling a little we wanted to take Ellington down to the dock to show her the boats. 


We didn't get to do everything we wanted to do, but we still had a fun night!

Here is Ellington as we were packing up.  She's watching Mickey Mouse and playing with two freebies my Dad got at his meeting.  They kept her entertained for quite awhile on the ride home.


I think Ellington's all-time favorite part of our trip was running down the hallway to our room.  I decided to get it on camera before we left!


We stopped in Mobile at Chick-fil-A for lunch.  One of my many favorite things about Chick-fil-A is that you can trade in the kids meal toy for icecream!


We also stopped at the Bass Pro Shop for Ellington to run around.  This Bass Pro Shop is AMAZING!  It had so much neat stuff!!!  It's so funny to me that we went to Bass Pro twice in one trip because we aren't Bass Pro kind of people.  Ellington LOVED it though!


We had a large time on our trip and were sad to return home!  Thanks Pop and Grams for a wonderful time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment