Tuesday, May 8, 2012

I Slept Until 9:00....3 Times!

School ended for us on Wednesday and on Thursday Robert and I headed to Gulf Shores.  Ya'll......it was HEAVEN.  I have no other word to describe it.  We had been planning for quite awhile (maybe since the fall?) for the two of us to go to the beach late spring/early summer.  So many things kept happening that we didn't think it was going to happen.  In fact, we only booked our room a few days before we left because we weren't sure we should go.  Since we are in the middle of trying to sell our house and buy another one we thought maybe we should just not go and save the money.  The weeks leading up to the trip had been CRAZYtown.  Ultimately, we decided to go and clearly no one ever regrets going to the beach.  :)  I didn't take my big camera...because I was there for ultimate relaxation and carrying a camera around isn't very relaxing.  I did take just a few pictures on my phone.  

After sleeping until 9:00 (all three mornings!!!) we woke up to this....Ahhhhh...


We spent both of our days there on the beach.  It was perfect.  We sat, talked, read, rested.  Repeat.  

On the last night we had our favorite meal at Cobolt and enjoyed dining under palm trees.


Robert and I did a ton of talking.  We've got A LOT of decisions to make.  This year is going to be BIG for us and we are excited!  It was so wonderful to have this time together before things get really crazy.


I don't know that either of us have ever enjoyed time away so much.  I could go on and on about how wonderful it was, but I would be doing a disservice to mention how much we missed this little girl...


I have never enjoyed a trip more but I have also never missed Ellington more!  I think now that she is older I knew how much she would have loved the trip too.  I know Robert and I needed time alone, but I guess I also felt bad that she wasn't with us.  I am so thankful that my family kept her for us.  She had a great time too!

It was crazy...the second we got back from our trip things got WILD.   Robert was up for 24 hours (because of meetings during the day yesterday and then having to work last night), someone wants to see our house today (cutting Robert's sleep VERY short), and we had to kind of rearrange our house touring plans for the afternoon.  We were dealing with all of this last night before bed and could only laugh about how different life is here than it is at the beach!

We are excited (and scared) about lots of changes going on in our lives.  Having the weekend together was just the thing we needed to re-energize us! 

No comments:

Post a Comment