Thursday, October 3, 2013

Fun Filled Weekend

Most of our weekends are very low key. Robert usually works on Saturdays (making that day just feel like a weekday) and Sunday is filled with small group and church. So, typically we really don't feel like we ever have a fun weekend in the sense that we don't do much out of the ordinary.  A couple of weeks ago we had a pretty busy/fun weekend for us.  Robert was working but we still had some stuff going on!

We started off the morning making some brownies.  That's always a good start to any day!


Finley took a great nap in the swing so I got a lot of stuff done around the house.


Saturday afternoon, Austin (Ellington's BFF and our next door neighbor) had her 4th birthday party.  Ellington started staring out the back door on FRIDAY to make sure she wasn't missing the party!  She stood there most of the day Saturday as well too!  Bless her.  She was soooo excited!  The party was in their backyard so Ellington gave me a full report any time anyone came outside to set stuff up.  Ha!  




I didn't get many pictures because I was also trying to juggle Finley.  Ellington had a GREAT time!

My parents and Pappaw came late Saturday afternoon to watch the MSU football game on tv with us.  I think Robert grilled out.  Ha!  It was only like two weeks ago but I already can't remember. :)


As I already mentioned, we don't have much of a typical weekend like most people do.  There have also been some major stressful things in our lives lately that have been weighing heavily.  Sunday afternoon I realized our desperate need for some fun family time.  I made the executive decision to skip church on Sunday night and just be together as a family.  We went to campus and let Ellington ride her bike.  She was sooooo excited!





Look at Finley smiling at Ellington!  Ahhhh.  I love it!



We had a wonderful, much needed evening together!  Afterwards Robert and I realized that it was the first time that we had ever done something together as a family that was just plain FUN.  Hooray! We might survive life with two after all! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment