Thursday, May 27, 2010

A Post in Which I Complain {And Some Really Cute Pictures}

Yesterday Reagan came for the afternoon/evening and it was SO great to see her! When we were taking this picture...



It made me think of this picture...




Ha! The same spot with the same two girls (one in the same shirt!). The first picture was taken on May 26, 2010 and the second on Oct. 28, 2009. It's crazy to think it's only been 7 months!

In other (more annoying) news, Robert's job continues to be so frustrating and hard on our family. I could write a ton explaining exactly why it's been bad, what exactly is going on, and how it effects us but I think it would probably get boring, be hard to explain anyway, and I fear it would come across wrong and we would be judged. So...I'll just say it's been really hard. I would actually say this is the hardest situation we've faced as a couple because right now it doesn't seem if there is anything we can do to fix it. Robert called me a little bit ago and said that after working a whole week (last week), the whole weekend, a whole week of 10 hour shifts (this week)...he will now also be working 10 hour shifts this Saturday and Sunday as well. We've given up A LOT in the last several months because he's worked on the weekends, but it was usually only one day and for 8 hours. Now it's 2 days for 10 hours. Blah. See, I told you this would get boring...and it's just the tip of the iceburg. Not to mention that they changed him to second shift (2 pm-10pm) and I will be working mornings in the fall so we'll see each other 45 minutes a day...and aren't guaranteed a weekend together. Blah blah. There's more to it, but there's no point in going in to it. I have learned something though - not to judge others even if you think you know what they are going through/enduring because you might not really know how it feels. (Ok....after writing and posting this I felt like I should take it down or clarify or something. I know everyone is probably thinking, "Well at least he has a job"...and you are RIGHT...we are SO thankful for that, but our family is what is most important to us and when you have no time together it is very stressful. I want to keep writing in fear of judgment, but that's silly so I'll stop now.)

So, enough of that for now. The evenings can get really long while Robert's at work so Ellington and I have been venturing out more on our own. Up until now we haven't done a whole lot on our own because Robert use to work nights, sleep in the morning, and be up at 2 pm...so when he woke up we would go run errands, go on adventures, etc. Previously there wasn't really any need in me going out alone with Ellington because we had the whole afternoon and evening together. After Ellington ate supper one evening this week I decided we would go to campus and play outside at the Junction. I took and a blanket and some toys and we enjoyed the changed of scenery!





These cups are Ellington's FAVORITE toy of all time!



Love this one.



Discovering the grass.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think you are at all wrong for feeling frustrated. It's hard enough when your husband works long hours any time, but when you are home all day with only a baby for company it's really hard. No adult contact would get to anyone. Unless you've been there and done it, you can't possibly understand the seclusion stay home moms sometimes feel. Just continue as a couple to be prayerful about God's plan for your little family. When He reveals His will FOLLOW IT!!! Even if it seems impossible and even if others will think you are crazy and judge you harshly. Remember Noah and the Ark and hang in there :) He has a plan for the Connerley's too!

    ReplyDelete