Friday, May 21, 2010

Welcome to the the Family Laura!

This past weekend we went to Memphis for Robert's bother Daniel's wedding. We had a great time!!!

On Friday we stayed with Brad, Julie, and Connor. When we first got there we had to wait a few minutes in the car and Ellington had the BEST time! I guess she was just happy to be out of her seat. She just laughed and laughed and laughed. Weird as it is, that was one of my favorite memories of the weekend!



She thought wearing my sunglasses was hysterical!



After Ellington and Connor played it was time for naps! Ellington took a great nap (which you will read did not happen again all weekend!). We then got ready for the rehearsal and the rehearsal dinner. I knew my parents were coming to keep Ellington for the wedding, but for months I thought we were going to have to take E to the rehearsal and the rehearsal dinner and I was sooooo nervous about that because once it's bedtime, she's usually DONE! I couldn't even be excited about the weekend because I was so worried about it. Well, Brad's mom came to the rescue and kept Ellington Friday night for us!!! I was still worried about it because of Ellington's separation anxiety...plus she was in a whole new place, but she did great and we had a fantastic time!



Connor was so handsome Friday night! He also did a great job for being only 3 years old at a long meal with a bunch of adults! :)



Baby free for a night!



Saturday was a LONG, but good day! Ellington started off her day playing with Connor. He loves her SOOOO much. It's pretty much the most adorable thing ever. I wish we lived closer so they could play more often.



After a nap in the car and lunch we headed to the hotel and got to spend time with family!







My parents came on Saturday to help us out with Ellington. We appreciated it SO MUCH!



Except for the nap on Friday afternoon Ellington would not take another nap in the Pack-n-Play. She would just scream and scream...so we either had to drive around or hold her! In the picture below I had gotten her to sleep and successfully transferred her to my mom so that I could get ready for the wedding!



Here is Ellington all dressed up for the wedding! She looked beautiful if I do say so myself!!! My mom MADE this dress...from scratch. Amazing, huh? Yeah, I thought so too!









MiMi and Big Bob with their grandchildren!



I was disappointed when I realized this was the only picture I got of the bride and groom all weekend! Laura was beautiful!!! I decided not to take my camera into the reception because I didn't want to keep up with it so I don't have any pictures from that either.



We had a great time at the reception. When we got back to the hotel (about 12:45 I think) we woke Ellington up coming in. So, I had to feed her and then put her back to bed. Then guess who decided to wake up at 5:50?! :) Luckily I got her back to sleep and she slept in the bed with us for a little bit. That was the first time she has ever slept with us. I am not against co-sleeping...it just isn't for us, but I was glad to get a little more sleep Sunday morning!

Here are Robert and Ellington Sunday morning before the yummy brunch!



Traveling with a baby is always an adventure! Even if you are only going to be gone for two nights you still have to pack your whole house!



On Sunday we went back to Brad and Julie's to spend a little more time with our family. We had such a great time and were so glad to be able to hang out with them!





Congratulations Daniel and Laura! We love ya'll and look forward to seeing you soon!

2 comments:

  1. It was a wonderful weekend to be sure. Ellington was so good...well, except for the whole napping thing..... She was a real trooper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan...you "outdid" yourself on the dress!!! Absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!!
    Leigh Ann

    ReplyDelete