Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Blessed

I have been pretty absent around this blog.  I've been busy and tired.  January was t.o.u.g.h.  Ellington did NOT feel good the whole month and it was long....and cold....and dreary.  Double ear infections all month kept us trying to console and very unhappy (understandably so) baby.  Work was a NIGHTMARE trying to keep Ellington from screaming her head off while trying to take care of about six other babies at the same time.  Our weeks were busy and our weekends were even busier.  I needed a break.  I needed to breathe.  We finally made it to February.  I sighed a big sigh of relief that I had said goodbye to January. 

Last night Ellington was up crying from 2-4:30.  I finally fell back asleep sometime after 5:00.  My alarm went off at 6:15 because we had to be at the Ear, Nose, and Throat doctor at 7:45.  Tired.  Oh so tired.  We found out that Ellington STILL has double ear infections and scheduled her to get tubes on February 23.  When nap time came she would NOT go to sleep.  If I tried to lay her down she screamed and screamed and screamed.  Thankfully my mom was here and held her while she napped.  I didn't because I had to have a moment.  I had to have a break.  I was thinking, "I will be so glad when she has tubes and February is over".  Are you starting to see a trend?  I was tired.  I was wishing it all away.

I read lots of blogs.  I LOVE blogs.  Some people I know, some people I don't.  One blog I read is about a sweet family who lost their little girl way too soon.  The post today was entitled, Today We Remember.  I encourage you to read it.  I read it and wept.  Their sweet little girl is GONE.  She isn't around to be fussy or not sleep at night or not take a nap.  I can't imagine how much little Cora's mama wishes she could rock her in the night.  It BROKE my heart to pieces that I was wishing time away.  Yes indeed it has been tough lately.  But I have my baby.  And despite her ear troubles she is perfectly healthy and happy.  I am so blessed beyond measure.  So I'm going to soak every moment of February up and not wish a single second away.  And if Ellington wakes up crying tonight when her ears hurt I will rock her and remember how blessed I am.

2 comments:

  1. I was so glad that I was able to hold that sweet baby while she slept. I just felt guilty after leaving thinking I should have just stayed and spent the night again. I hope your night goes better than last nigt. And you are so right....so many of us are blessed beyond measure and don't even realize it. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing. I can't imagine what it would be like to lose a child and I don't want to. Right now my little girls are calling me from the playroom, so I think I'll grab a tissue and head in there to color for a while :)

    ReplyDelete