Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Our Morning

Ellington finally got tubes this morning! She also had her adenoids reduced. She did GREAT and it really was not anywhere as traumatic as I was expecting! Everything went super smoothly.  We had to be at the hospital at 6 a.m. so she was still pretty sleepy in this first picture!

We had heard from another mom whose little girl had this done last week that they got there at 6 and didn't have surgery until 9:15.  I was super worried about that because she couldn't eat or drink this morning.  So, I decided to borrow a portable DVD player from a friend to hopefully help make the time go a little faster!  Thankfully, Ellington was on her way to surgery at 8 so it wasn't too bad at all.

After surgery is suppose to be the worst part because they wake up so groggy and disoriented.  Everyone prepared us for the fact that she would be VERY fussy and would cry a lot.  Well, sweet Ellington just rocked and slept on me for the most part. 

Her lion also went in to surgery with her.  I love this little detail because Reagan gave Ellington this lion on her first birthday.  Reagan also has a beloved lion who traveled with her to tonsil surgery when she was about 5 years old.

Ellington is napping now and will hopefully be a super happy girl when she wakes up.  :)  Thanks for remembering us today!


  1. Sweet baby. Did her lion come out with a surgical cap on? ;)

    I remember being little and reading a book where a little girl got influenza or something horrible and it was really contagious so after she got better they had to burn (!) everything she had contact with-sheets, blankets and her stuffed animals and I was so afraid I would get sick and they would have to burn lion!!!

    Thankfully he has survived so far and hopefully E's lion will bring her as much comfort as mine did (and sadly still does) to me.

    Glad everything went well!

  2. She did a great job! What a big girl she is - doing so well with everything. Hope she is having a good day and feeling fine.