Thursday, October 27, 2011

My Favorite Morning

 {After posting I realized that this was my 300th post!  Hooray for 300!  :)  That's a lot of memories I probably would have otherwise forgotten!  I feel like I should celebrate....Soinc Coke, anyone??!!}

Thursday morning is by far one of my favorite mornings of the week.  It's our first morning at home after being at school M-W mornings and I just adore it.  Ellington almost always sleeps late and we usually have a slow morning in our pjs.  I also try to plan extra fun things we don't normally do.  Anyway, it's my favorite morning.  Last Thursday I decided to make some chocolate chip banana bread that I saw on literally, a spoonful.

Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Makes 1 large loaf or two mini ones

1/4 cup butter softened {1/2 stick}
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1 cup quick oaks
2 tablespoons water
3 ripe bananas
1 cup white flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour {I used 1 1/2 cups white flour since I didn't have any whole wheat flour}
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup raisins {I omitted the raisins b/c I wasn't certain that Robert would have eaten it with raisins}
1 cup chocolate chips

Mix all ingredients. Pour into greased loaf pans or muffin tins. Bake at 350 degrees until fork comes out clean. Approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour. Less time if making muffins. 

I highly recommend this recipe!  Everyone in this house gave it 2 thumbs up!

Thursday morning I took a "before" picture of my very cluttered kitchen because it was out of control....


My intentions were to get it spic and span and then take an "after" picture.  That never happened.  Ha!  So, I just have this random, messy "before" picture.  Thankfully, it doesn't still look like the above picture, but I didn't get to do quite what I was planning either.  With a two year old around, you just never know what might happen in your day!

It's Thursday morning again and as I type this {at 8 am} Ellington is still snoozing.  Unfortunately we have to say goodbye to Daddy today.  Robert is going to the Kentucky game and is going to be gone today through Sunday.  We've left him before (in the early days we stayed with my parents a lot!), but he hasn't ever left us....certainly not for three nights!  It's definitely weird thinking about the next few days without him here!  I also hope I don't die from lack of adult conversation. :)  I am trying to think up fun stuff for us to do to keep us busy until Daddy returns!  Happy Thursday!

4 comments:

  1. Well, I would say come visit me, but I won't be here either...so I guess you will have to visit LeAnna or Reagan. I imagine LeAnna will be craving some adult conversation, too. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why mom, that's a great idea! Come tomorrow and see mom off and then hang out with me the rest of the day! I'm getting off work early!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you liked the recipe!

    Totally know what you mean about not knowing what your day will look like with a 2 yr old. Man things can get WILD.

    Hope your hanging in there with the husband gone.

    ReplyDelete