Monday, December 12, 2011

New Traditions

Lately I have really been thinking about what kind of Christmas traditions I want our family to have.  We only had one married Christmas before Ellington was born and then her first Christmas she was only two months old (and had COLIC!).  Last Christmas Robert was on 2nd shift and we only saw him about 30 mins per day and we were all just trying to survive!  So....we really haven't had a whole lot of time to start new traditions!  One tradition that I knew I wanted to start was everyone wearing their pjs, drinking hot chocolate (or in E's case, the only thing she will drink...water), and riding around to look at Christmas lights.  Saturday night was our first annual adventure!  We had a GREAT time and Ellington loved it more than we expected!  She was all about trying to look for some more lights!

We used our new tripod that we got with our camera for a family shot!  I am thankful to have a tripod now so hopefully we can have more pictures of all of us!


This house won "Ellington's Favorite" award.  And this is only half of the yard...the other half was equally as festive.  


The hot chocolate was delicious!  I don't think I have had hot chocolate in several years!


Ellington loved looking out her window searching for lights!  By this point she was getting pretty tired.  I handed her a snack to keep her awake!


Sunday morning before church.  Precious.


Sunday afternoon Ellington insisted on wearing her Minnie dress-up dress, two tutus, Minnie ears, and pompoms. :)


And she insisted that I wear three headbands!


Ha!  She added her necklaces and purse.  Such a girl! :)


We had a GREAT weekend together!

4 comments:

  1. You have a tradition that I've noticed: Robert and Ellington posing by the car with the tree. This year I thought, "It's going to be neat seeing Ellington's growth through the years next to the car with the tree on top." Glad you now have a tripod. You need to be in the picture too! - Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it .... all those accessories. She is such a delight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great post! what a cutie! she is getting so big and her hair is getting so long!

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats on your new camera! it's so fun, huh?!

    love the pajama+hot chocolate+lights idea. you guys look so cute and comfy!

    ReplyDelete