Thursday, December 5, 2013

Thanksgiving Day 2013

Thanksgiving was a bit different for us this year. We hosted the big day for our first time! Several of Robert's family members were going to the Egg Bowl which was in Starkville this year so it just made sense for us to have it at our house. We really enjoyed having everyone here for they day!! And when everyone pitches in and helps out with the meal...hosting Thanksgiving isn't scary at all! :)

Before I start this post I need to back up and tell about the night before Thanksgiving.  Around 9:00 Robert was exhausted and basically feeling like he had been hit by a bus.  He was so cold (and he's never cold!) that he had on multiple layers of clothes including a winter hat!  At some point during this Ellington woke up saying her stomach was hurting.  The next several hours were a terrible blur.  Robert was super sick...Ellington was awake in her room...and I was trying to take care of them knowing the next day we had a bunch of people coming for Thanksgiving!  I honestly thought they were both coming down with the flu.  It was baaaad there for awhile.  Ellington finally fell asleep about 2 am.  I hadn't been to sleep at all at that point.  I got about 4 hours of sleep that night on the couch.  (Not consecutive hours though...I was up with Finley in the middle of those 4 hours).  In other words it was C.R.A.Z.Y.  I really thought they were both going to be sick the next day and we were going to have to cancel our Thanksgiving plans, but E woke up fine and Robert woke up much better...just weak.  Whew!  I felt like we dogged the flu bullet!

We of course started off the day with the Macy's parade!  Ellington really loved it!


So thankful for my biggest girl!


We were ready for our guests!



Parade watching with my girls


Ellington was THRILLED when her cousins arrived!  She loves playing with them!


Big Bob and Mimi were working on one of their dishes.


Ellington and Aunt Julie


Robert attempted frying a turkey again!


I think we were all a little nervous but there was no fire! :)  Success!


This sweet baby loved all of the action!  


Success!!!!


So much to be thankful for...


He's like a real grown up now...cooking and carving the turkey ;)



We were so happy to have everyone here but we really missed Aunt Laura!





Uncle Brad and Aunt Julie had their hands full!




Definitely the biggest "thankful" of the year?!  This precious one...


Big Bob and MiMi with all of the kiddos!



Julie had a fun (and adorable!) craft for the kids to do.  These are their finished products:


We LOVED having everyone at our house for Thanksgiving!  And the day was topped off with a Bulldog victory at the Egg Bowl!

1 comment:

  1. Love all of the pictures. I think we still have yet to get any kind of house tour. I love your kitchen and the wreath on the pantry. We are hosting Easter so this gives me hope.

    ReplyDelete