Monday, March 15, 2010

Our Weekend

We had a great weekend! We didn't have to go anywhere, no one came here, and Robert didn't have to work overtime. We like going places, we like having people come visit, and we like the pay from Robert's overtime but it was soooo nice to just have the 3 of us for the weekend. We just enjoyed being together.

Friday night we watched the first MSU game of the SEC championship. Ellington even watched the beginning!

She was seriously into it! She likes watching sports. It must have been all of that college football that she had to watch the first couple of months of her life!

As we were watching basketball on Saturday Robert and I reminisced about a Saturday in October when Ellington was a tiny baby. We spent the whole day on the couch watching football and holding Ellington. One of us held her all day long. Not because we had to, but because we wanted to. We would switch off when whoever was holding had to go to the bathroom or had to eat. That is such a sweet memory.

Anyway...Friday night as I was feeding Ellington before bed Robert went to pick up some supper for us. He got back about the time I was finishing putting Ellington down. I looked at his face and knew something was wrong. When he was backing out of our driveway, he hit a truck that was parked in the road. Yikes! I do have to defend him though. Our road is narrow (not the size of most streets), our road is not well lit, and the truck was black. I am not at liberty to say if Robert has done this EXACT same thing before. :) He was pretty upset but I tired to help him keep things in perspective. Also, we discovered that instead of giving us rotel for our chips they had mistakenly put some type of soup in our bag. What a bummer. I love chips and rotel. Robert called them and they mailed a gift card for another meal! How nice is that?! It made not getting rotel totally worth it!

Friday night I got a sweet treat. I haven't been sleeping well AT ALL. Ellington is pretty much sleeping through the night, but I certainly am not. Every sound she makes on the monitor wakes me up and then I can't go back to sleep. Plus, since she's been sleeping through the night she has been waking up anywhere between 5:30 and 6:30. Yes, I said 5:30. Not good. So, Robert volunteered to sleep on the couch with the monitor and let me sleep in. (I also might or might not have taken something to help me sleep) Robert did have to get up and feed her in the night, but the next morning I was the first one up! I thought I was suppose to be sleeping late??!! Ha! Ellington slept until 8:15!!! She NEVER sleeps this late. Amazing. Once she got up we headed to Starkville Cafe for breakfast. It was super yummy and Ellington was so sweet while we were there.

Saturday Ellington took 2 super long naps (very unusual) and we just enjoyed being around the house. Saturday night Robert and I watched The Time Traveler's Wife. I am pretty sure this is the first movie we have rented since having Ellington. Usually I am way too tired to want to sit through a whole movie! Unfortunately, we didn't really like the movie. It wasn't bad...just too far fetched for us I guess.

Sunday we enjoyed going to church and enjoyed Ellington's 3 hour nap after church! I don't have any clue why she slept so much over the weekend. It's very unlike her! I woke her up from the 3 hour nap and later she wanted to sleep again...and I had to wake her up after an hour because it was 5:00 and I wanted her to sleep at night! Here a a few pictures of her playing on Sunday afternoon!

Here Ellington is demonstrating her newest "trick". She loves to suck her bottom lip in. She is always so proud of herself. Sometimes it makes her look like an old lady with no teeth!

Here are a couple of pictures of Ellington eating supper Sunday night.

This was the first time Ellington had eaten in her Bumbo seat. Usually she eats in her elephant chair because it leans back. She did ok eating her vegetable in the Bumbo, but the peaches were much more runny so I had to move her to the other seat. I moved Ellington and asked Robert to bring the peaches and the spoon. He put the long spoon in the little container...and well, I ended up with peaches all over and in my hair. I was sitting on the floor when he was about to hand it to me. It was quite a mess, but very funny!

If you stuck around and read about our whole weekend, thanks! :) I hope yours was great as well!


  1. I personally think the sleeping thing is related to a growth spurt. She look gigantic! AND isn't it wonderful to want to go back to the days that you held her all day long? Wonderful and so sad too. Your doing great at keeping your blog up. Your mom said that your turning yours into a book? How does that work?
    Love you friend.

  2. She is just precious!!!!!!!!!!! new follower!