Saturday, February 16, 2013

So, We're Having a Baby!

When I first found out I was pregnant I was super excited that I was blogging during this pregnancy so that I could document it and remember all sorts of things that I don't remember with Ellington.  And then...I didn't blog.  Now I'm halfway through and haven't blogged a thing about being pregnant (other than feeling sick all through Christmas).  I also don't have any pictures. :(  Shame.  I have a few on instagram but for some reason no matter what I try I can't get them on here.  My goal is to try to get better about taking a pic every few weeks on the real camera and give pregnancy updates.  We'll see.

So how about a few details with no pictures?  Let's start at the beginning. :)  I found out I was pregnant on Monday Oct. 29th at about 6:30 am.  Robert goes to a men's Bible study really early on Monday mornings and he was already gone.  So I found out alone in our bathroom before school. :)  I was SHOCKED.  Even though it is definitely what we wanted, I was not expecting it that morning.  It was fun going through the day knowing that I was the only person in the whole world who knew I was pregnant.  Robert had a meeting in Jackson that day and didn't get home until late afternoon.  Ellington colored a pictured for him that said "I am going to be a big sister!" and she gave it to him when he got home.  He was excited and a little shocked too I think.  We told our families in November.  I am just not good at the waiting part.  Then we announced it to the rest of the world either at the verrry end of November.  

So, how have I been feeling?  Glad you asked.  The first four months were rough.  Maybe tmi, but I didn't throw up as much as I did with Ellington but I generally felt worse than I did with Ellington.  It was like I was always under some yucky feeling cloud.  Robert was around a lot during most of this time and did SO MUCH.  I don't know how I would have made it without him!  Ellington was also super sweet and always tried to take care of me.  I still have moments of not feeling great but overall I am doing really really well now!

I am about 2 days away from being 20 full weeks so I am halfway done!  That seems really crazy, but July still seems like a loooong way away!  We find out whether we are having a girl or a boy NEXT week!  Yay!  I have been very impatient these last few weeks.  I am ready to know!  I went and looked at E's unltrasound pic and we found out with her at 17 wks 5 days, so it seems like it has taken extra long this time. :)  I have NO clue what we are having.  Mostly I lean towards boy just because we already have a girl, but who knows?!  I can.not.wait.  

So there is a brief update of the last 20 weeks. Hopefully I can document a little more in the next 20 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment