Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas Eve

On Christmas Eve my whole family got together at Bryant and LeAnna's house in Ridgeland since they aren't traveling right now because Emerson is so young. We had a great time and were so glad that they were willing to have us all over!


We tried to get a picture of the grandparents with their grand babies, but Ellington would have none of it!



What a sweetie pie!










After lunch and gifts at Bryant and LeAnna's we headed to Philadelphia to attend the candlelight service. Ellington wore the same dress that she wore last year in Brownsville on Christmas Eve. My mom lowered the hem and she was ready to go!



Here's the dress last year!






After church, we went back to my parent's house to open gifts with them!















We got lots of great gifts and appreciate them so much! I'll have to pause here and tell you about the best gift I got. I opened a present that was just from my Dad...which in itself was unusual because usually they are from both of my parents. I opened up the gift and it was a little frame and in the frame was a piece of paper that said, "Dear Lane, This entitles you to one working garbage disposal to be installed by Craig Brown. May your food always be ground and gone and your days be merry and bright. Merry Christmas! Love, Dad". I burst into tears and couldn't stop crying! I finally got myself together and when I hugged my dad later I started crying again. Then...on the way home Robert and I were talking about it and I started crying AGAIN! It meant so much to me! While I really HATE that our garbage disposal stopped working and it grossed me out beyond words that I had to put food in the trash can, it was about more than that. I don't know how much garbage disposals and installations cost, but I am almost 100% sure I've gotten more expensive gifts. It was the thought behind the gift and the joy that someone saw a need and met it. As an adult, life is different...and much harder than I expected. That gift was truly a blessing. Thanks Dad. :)

After gifts we had breakfast for supper. Ellington enjoyed the pancakes that I made!

After supper Robert, Ellington, and I hit the road once again to go back to Starkville. After all, Santa was coming!

3 comments:

  1. YourSisterWhoIsUpTooLateDecember 29, 2010 at 1:23 AM

    oh man! you left us hanging!!! what's next? what's next?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I teared up reading about your garbage disposal. I TOTALLY get it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so understand about the garbage disposal. Chris and the kids surprised me with a new lense for my camera to replace the one that had broken. I burst out crying because it meant so much. Bethany had been totally sneaky finding out which one had broken and everything.

    Leigh Ann

    ReplyDelete