Thursday, December 23, 2010

Decking the Halls

I wanted to do a blog post about our Christmas decorations. We don't have super fancy decorations and I'll never be asked to put my home on a Christmas tour or have a magazine want to take pictures, but it's OUR home and it is special to us. I thought it would be a good idea to record these memories because one day they will be so important to me!

I love my Willow Tree nativity!



I have a stocking situation that I just don't know what to do about. Ellington's stocking doesn't even remotely match the ones that Robert and I had before she was born. (For some reason when I ordered hers, I thought it would.) So, ordering two for us isn't really a big deal, but I want our other children's stockings to match too. But obviously we don't know how many children we are going to have! If we knew we wanted a small family I would go ahead and order like 4 more...but we want a big family so I have no clue what to do! I guess we'll probably just be mismatched!



One of my favorite Christmas traditions that we do is getting an ornament frame and framing a picture of our family every Christmas. As the years pass I think this will be even more of a special memory. Unwrapping the ornaments each year will be so sweet.



The first Christmas after Robert and I were married (2008) Reagan made us a frame to remember our first Christmas. I LOVED it! Much to my surprise the next year (2009) Reagan made one for Ellington's first Christmas! So precious. We gave her a break this year, but hopefully she'll keep the tradition going in the future. :) Also on the same table is my Fontanini nativity which I adore. And now as a mom, I appreciate that it isn't breakable!!!







One of my favorite things to do in December is walk to the mailbox. :)



Ellington's little tree.



As much as I enjoying decorating our home, I REALLY enjoy "decorating" Ellington. :)

1 comment:

  1. I love the picture ornament idea. I haven't found us a 2010 ornament so maybe I'll start that.

    ReplyDelete