Saturday, September 15, 2012

The 1st Day of School

We started school on Monday August 6th.  I was really worried about Ellington because she had been with me every day all day since the first week of May.  I decided to make the morning school started a little more exciting by wrapping up her new bag (which she didn't know she was getting) and letting her open it up.  This helped TREMENDOUSLY!  She was so excited to open a gift and then she was really excited to take her new bag to her new classroom!  I hate I don't have any pictures at school, but since it was also my first day with my new kids I wasn't able to get it all done. :)  Hopefully one day soon I won't be teaching anymore and I can be the Mama taking pictures at school on the first day!




If you can't tell, she really loved her new bag :)


I kept trying to take a picture with her bag on her back but she kept talking and talking and talking!



I worried about her going to school for nothing.  She absolutely LOVES her new room and her new teachers.  I also worried because I knew that I would see her in the lunchroom and in chapel now.  Last year I didn't ever see her because she was in the toddler room and they ate lunch in their classroom and didn't go to chapel.  I thought she would get upset if she saw me but couldn't be with me.  But she was totally fine with it!  It's fun to see her enjoy school so much and tell me about her day!  I feel so thankful that I am able to work only 3 mornings a week and be in the same building as Ellington.  God has blessed us so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment